Small Business Resources
In the Aurora Regional Chamber of Commerce area, small business is big business. 72% of all businesses in the Chamber have fewer than 20 employees. That, in turn, means our small businesses are the majority and create a large business sector. The Chamber recognizes the significance of small business to a positive and stable economy and invests in a variety of small business initiatives benefiting local small businesses.
Small Business Advisory Council
The Chamber’s six member council serves as the voice of small business and includes seasoned professionals who serve as mentors to early-stage businesses and develop programs of value to the business community. As a Chamber member, our Small Business Advisory Council has met with many new business owners as well as existing owners to provide input and audit of their business plans, marketing, insurance and legal needs.
The Small Business Center of the Aurora Regional Chamber
To serve the diverse needs of small businesses, the Chamber offers valuable resource tools such as our Small Business Center, which serves as an information resource for new and expanding businesses. The center offers:
- Access to the Chamber’s full membership including all benefit programs, website listing, the Catalyst advertising and more.
- Opportunities for social and business networking
- Step-by-step assistance for targeted business-to-business market research
- Referrals to various networking opportunities for proven business leads
- One-on-one counseling for start-up businesses and business expansion
- Recommendations for a comprehensive business-growth strategy
- Professional and confidential business plan review
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Inventions- American Society of Inventors (ASI)
- Small Business Administration: Franchise Information
- Inc. Magazine
- Legal and regulatory information for America's small businesses
- IRS e-News for Small Businesses
- US Small Business Administration
- Internal Revenue Service